Earlier this week, Apple slipped out the latest security and enhancement update for OS X Yosemite.
OS X 10.10.2 includes the following enhancements and fixes:
• Resolves an issue that might cause Wi-Fi to disconnect
• Resolves an issue that might cause web pages to load slowly
• Fixes an issue that could cause Spotlight to load remote email content when this preference is disabled in Mail
• Improves audio and video sync when using Bluetooth headphones
• Adds the ability to browse iCloud Drive in Time Machine
• Improves VoiceOver speech performance
• Resolves an issue that could cause VoiceOver to echo characters when entering text on a web page
• Addresses an issue that could cause the input method to switch languages unexpectedly
• Improves stability and security in Safari
For enterprise customers
• Improves performance for browsing DFS shares in the Finder
• Fixes an issue where certain Calendar invitations could be displayed at the incorrect time
• Fixes an issue for Microsoft Exchange accounts where the organizer of a meeting might not be notified when someone accepts an invitation using Calendar
• Addresses an issue where Safari could continually prompt for credentials when accessing a site protected by NTLM authentication
• Adds the ability to set “Out of Office” reply dates for Microsoft Exchange accounts in Mail
• For detailed information about the security content of this update, see Apple security updates.
I’ve been testing a prerelease version of this update for about two weeks now and it is looking pretty good. The Wi-Fi disconnects had been driving me a little more nuts than usual which was masking the slow web page load issue. (Huh, why aren’t these pages loading faster? I’ve rebooted all my networking gear…eye roll.)
This update is available now from the Updates tab in the Mac App Store app.
It’s always a good idea to plug in your MacBook and backup your Mac before installing any new software like OS upgrades and patches with Apple’s Time Machine or with a third-party solution like the fantastic BackBlaze service.