Sprint has make good on their word to post the BlackBerry Curve 8330 and Pearl 8130 OS 4.5 upgrade on their website before the end of the day Friday. BlackBerry users rejoice! Sprint has packed in some very nice goodies for their customers who are using older Berries.
Software Feature Enhancement with 4.5:
- Send Multi-Media Messages (MMS) which enables sending of text messages with picture and other file attachment.
- View emails in HTML email format. Users can easily change their email format setting to HTML for emails to appear just like they do on your PC. Will work automatically for BlackBerry Internet Service customers. Requires BES 4.1, Service Pack 6 for BlackBerry Enterprise Server customers (verify with your company's IT department).
- Free/Busy Calendar Lookup for BlackBerry Enterprise Server customers immediately lets you know all attendee's availability. Not available to BlackBerry Internet Service customers. Requires BES 4.1, Service Pack 5 for BlackBerry Enterprise Server customers (verify with your company's IT department).
- Remote search for email for BlackBerry Enterprise Service customers creates more access to emails that are not stored on your device but remain stored remotely on your email server. Not available to BlackBerry Internet Service customers. Requires BES 4.1, Service Pack 5 for BlackBerry Enterprise Server customers (verify with your company's IT department).
- Word completion for SureType keyboards allows for faster typing on BlackBerry Pearl 8130.
- Automatically generate a music playlist with specific criteria based on artist, albums or genre.
- Video recording attachment view supported.
- Create a Voice Note and attach to an email or Multimedia Message(MMS). Or record a voice note and save for playback when needed.
- Dataviz Documents To Go Application gives you the ability to download and save a file to your BlackBerry to view or edit later. Requires Visit the DataViz® website to register with DataViz and download an update for Documents To Go that includes Sheet To Go.
I know that many Sprint BlackBerry customers have been vocal in asking for MMS support on their devices. I'm also glad to see Sprint roll in support for HTML email and going the extra mile to include DataViz Documents To Go.
Be sure to check back over the next few days as I do plan on posting my experiences with the upgrade process and with the new software features.