I stumbled across a great tip today while testing out a new Exchange 2007/BlackBerry Enterprise server sync solution.
I needed to clear out the calendar on my BlackBerry Storm2, but I didn't want to have to hard reset the device.
Turns out that there is a secret command of sorts that will allow you to clear out the BlackBerry calendar database without having to wipe the phone.
Note: The BlackBerry smartphone must be running BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 to 5.0 to perform this task.
- Open the calendar application on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Press the Menu key and highlight Options.
- Select the calendar to be reloaded, e.g. "Desktop" for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server enabled BlackBerry Device.
- With the calendar highlighted type rset on a QWERTY keyboard or ER,ER,AS,AS,ER,TY on SureType.
- Click Yes when asked to reload the specific calendar to continue.
You can read the full Resarch In Motion article on the BlackBerry support website.