I was completely unprepared for what I will call today’s surprise arrival of iOS 5.1.1.
Available for the iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPod touch 4th and 3rd generation, and all three generations of the insanely popular iPad, iOS 5.1.1 addresses the following five areas:
- Improves the reliability of HDR photos taken from the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses a bug with the new iPad (3rd generation) switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Corrects bugs in AirPlay
- Improves the reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List items
- Resolves an issue where an “Unable to purchase” alert is displayed after a successful purchase
You can install the update in one of two ways: directly from your iOS 5.x device or by syncing your iDevice with a Mac or PC running the latest version of iTunes.
To perform the quicker “delta” update over the air right from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, do the following:
1. Tap the Settings icon.
2. Tap General.
3. Tap Software Update.
4. Tap Download and Install.
5. Follow the on screen directions.