Earlier today, Verizon Wireless issued a press release stating that together with HTC, the Touch Pro2 Windows Mobile powered smartphone will go on sale starting tomorrow.
When we add Verizon to the mix, Apple, Palm, T-Mobile, and Big Red all announced or will begin selling new hardware this week!
Verizon Wireless and HTC Corporation introduce the HTC Touch Pro2™, a global-capable smartphone designed for the busiest professionals and world travelers. The HTC Touch Pro2 features an extra-large 3.6-inch touch screen that tilts to an optimal viewing angle, an ergonomic slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and an advanced speakerphone with asymmetric speakers and advanced noise suppression to deliver customers a robust productivity experience. Created with the intuitive TouchFLO 3D user interface, data on the HTC Touch Pro2 can be easily accessed with just the touch of a finger.
The Touch Pro2 will include the following key features:
- High-speed connectivity over Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network (1x/EV-DO Revision A 800/1900 MHz)
- Global connectivity to allow customers to access e-mail and data and use the phone for voice calling in more than 220 destinations (GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz WCDMA/HSPA 2100 MHz)
- Wi-Fi capabilities (802.11 b/g)
- 3.6 inch WVGA resolution (480 x 800) tilting touch screen
- Advanced speakerphone with noise-cancelling technology
- 3.2 megapixel auto-focus camera with video capture
- Touch-sensitive zoom bar
- Seamless connectivity with Microsoft® Exchange, Outlook and Office applications with Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
- Bluetooth® 2.1 with EDR and A2DP stereo
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM 7600A, 528 MHz
- Memory: 512 MB ROM, 288 MB RAM
- Dimensions: 4.57” x 2.33” x .68” (length x width x height)
- Weight: 6.3 ounces (with standard battery)
- Extended 1500 mAh battery for longer operation times
- Up to 5.3 hours of talk time (CDMA) or up to 13.5 days of standby time (CDMA)
Pricing and Availability
Beginning Friday the HTC Touch Pro2 will be available for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with an e-mail feature or e-mail plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card. Customers can order the HTC Touch Pro2 online at www.verizonwireless.com, in business sales channels and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores.
The full press release for the HTC Touch Pro2 can be read on the Verizon Wireless website.