I received word from my contact at DataViz that Documents To Go for the iPhone and iPod touch has gone live at the Apple App Store! Documents To Go has been my must have application for many years on my old Palm OS devices and now the award winning office suite is coming to the iPhone and iPod touch.
There are two editions of Documents To Go for iPhone and iPod touch: Documents To Go and Documents To Go with Exchange Attachments. Both editions provide the following features:
- Create, edit, and view Microsoft Word documents (including Word 2007 and 2008)
- View and synchronize Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Apple iWork ’08 files
- View web pages and most common graphics files
- Mac and PC desktop 2-way Wi-Fi synchronization application
Customers who chose to purchase Documents To Go with Exchange Attachments will have access to the following features:
- Exchange attachments are downloaded and processed by Documents To Go
- Exchange attachments can be viewed or modified
- Reply or forward to an existing email with the supported attachment types
- Create new email messages and attache files for immediate transmission
Also included in this edition of Documents To Go is the InTact Technology that ensures that your document’s original formatting remains the same regardless of where it is worked on. Another cool feature is DataViz’s built-in support for cut, copy and paste without the need for iPhone OS 3.0 installed.
I have also been told that Documents To Go is iPhone OS 3.0 compatible so if you buy Documents To Go before you upgrade to iPhone OS 3.0, you can do so worry free.
Both versions of Documents To Go require an iPhone or iPod touch with OS 2.2 or later.
I’ll have more details about both versions of Documents To Go after the official DataViz press release is issued and I’ve had a chance to take Documents To Go out for a test drive.
For more details, visit the DataViz website.