BlackBerry Storm2 customers on Verizon Wireless are being treated to a maintenance upgrade to their smartphone’s operating system.
Starting over the weekend, Verizon Wireless has been making the BlackBerry OS 22.214.171.1243 update available to their customers as an over-the-air (OTA) update. You can also download the update from your PC using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.
The “713” update provides the following enhancements:
- Improved text messaging
- Improved international text messaging
- Better calendar functionality
- Streamlined music-player control
- Enhanced video-player library
- Improved IP modem tethering
- Improved compatibility with Mac® computers
- GlobalAccess Connect support
- Enhanced Japanese language functionality
The upgrade also provides the following two improvements:
- Call-duration clock displays the correct call time without affecting the
- Default countries are easier to set and access using the Smart Dialing
For more details on the BlackBerry Storm2 9550 OS 126.96.36.1993 update, visit the Verizon Wireless support website or download the upgrade details (PDF)