Today, Astraware has released Mahjong for Apple’s iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Mahjong is described by Wikipedia as a Chinese game based on 152 tiles; which is a game of skill, strategy and calculation with a little bit of chance thrown in for good measure.
Astraware Mahjong for iOS includes the following gaming features:
- AutoZoom – optional feature which zooms in or out from the play area
- Mahjong of the Day daily challenge
- Truly solvable puzzles at Easy, Medium and Hard difficulty levels, as well as Classic
- Full tutorial with photos to help you learn how to play
- More than 30 different puzzle layouts
- Supports Game Center achievements. Earn all the achievements to unlock the Golden Tile Set
- Optional tile highlighting – removable tiles appear lighter in colour. This can be adjusted in Settings)
- Helpful assistance features including the ability to shuffle the tiles or undo moves
- A choice of decorative tile sets and traditional backgrounds
- Ability to play in landscape or portrait modes
- Universal binary is optimized for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Retina display devices
- Automatically saves when you exit and allows you to play your own music in the background.
Astraware Mahjong is available now exclusively from the Apple iTunes store for $0.99. (iTunes link)