Available for the iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPod touch 4th and 3rd generation, and all three generations of the insanely popular iPad, iOS 5.1.1 addresses the following five areas:
- Improves the reliability of HDR photos taken from the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses a bug with the new iPad (3rd generation) switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Corrects bugs in AirPlay
- Improves the reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List items
- Resolves an issue where an "Unable to purchase" alert is displayed after a successful purchase
To perform the quicker "delta" update over the air right from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, do the following:
1. Tap the Settings icon.
2. Tap General.
3. Tap Software Update.
4. Tap Download and Install.
5. Follow the on screen directions.