Saturday, July 30, 2011
Meta-Doctoring: Part 5 - Sign of Life Check [Updated x2]
The installation of the meta-doctored webOS 2.1.0 install has completed!
Now the hard part - making sure everything is still working!
Update: All features and functions of webOS 2.1 appear to be working! Whoo-hoo!
On the agenda for the post software load is to:
1. See if I can log into one of my Palm profiles - Working!
2. Verify that webOS is running as expected - Working!
3. Connect to a Wi-Fi hot spot - Working!
4. Verify developer mode is on or can be activated - Working! (webos20090606)
5. Restore my Sprint PRL software - Working! (no update possible going forward)
6. Install the latest build of Preware - Working!
7. Apply some basic patches - Working!
8. Apply software tweaks from the webos-internals.org webOS 2 upgrade wiki post - Working!
9. Backup the Pre to my alternate Palm profile - Working!
10. Access the HP App Catalog, install software - Working!
11. GPS access - Working!