- NYTimes: Apple Acknowledges Flaw in iPhone Signal Meter http://nyti.ms/ajIgZc
- Why Apple's iPhone 4 Update Won't Fix Your Reception Problem http://bit.ly/cpqTNR
- Apple says software will fix iPhone 4, others say that this is a hardware problem. What do you think? Me? I think it's both hard/software. via mobile web
- One solution is to hold the phone differently, avoiding to touch the left bottom corner of the phone (coincidentally, this is how models hold the iPhone 4 in most of Apple's promotional material).
- The other other solution is to buy a case or one of Apple's $30 bumpers
Any way you cut it, this is a poor situation to be in for iPhone 4 customers. Apple has stated in an open letter on their website that, "[a]s a reminder, if you are not fully satisfied, you can return your undamaged iPhone to any Apple Retail Store or the online Apple Store within 30 days of purchase for a full refund."
I don't have an iPhone 4, but I am in support of the free Apple iPhone bumpers idea being floated around. Apple is sitting on a mountain of cash, and what better way to make lemonade out of lemons than giving away free bumpers until Apple is able to re-engineer the radio dead spot?
So how about it, Apple? Are you guys game? The legions of Apple fans have earned a little kick-back for their fanatical support over the last 10 years.
[Via GadgetsOnTheGo.net...; Gizmodo.com...]