Today, Palm and Verizon Wireless launched the Palm Centro smartphone. Having already debuted on Sprint and AT&T, many customers have been waiting for Centro to arrive at Verizon. At last, the wait is over.
The Verizon Centro will only be available in a single color, cobalt blue. The Verizon Centro shares the same technical specifications set as the Sprint Centro models.
The Verizon Centro will sell for $99 with a new two-year customer agreement and after a $70 mail in rebate. Customers will be able to purchase Centro starting June 13 (tomorrow) from Palm.com, VerizonWireless.com, and other Verizon Wireless retail locations.
Today's full Palm Centro for Verizon Wireless press release can be found on the Palm website. For the full Centro product information, visit the Palm Centro website.
Palm Launches Facebook Client
Along side today's Centro product launch announcement; Palm released a native Facebook application for the Palm OS-based Centro, Treo 680, and 755p.
The Facebook client can be downloaded for free over the air (OTA) directly to your Palm smartphone by visiting the address http://mobile.palm.com/facebook from the Blazer web browser.
Facebook for Palm OS has the following features:
- Send and receive Facebook messages, and respond to friend requests.
- Capture video using your smartphone and post it to your Facebook profile.
- View and post photos right from your smartphone — or snap and send off new ones.
- Check out your friends’ photos and post a comment or two.
- Receive News feeds, change your status, and get friends’ status updates on the go.
- Browse friends' profiles, post messages to their wall, and send friend requests or search for old friends through Facebook.
- Open your Contacts and dial your friends with just one touch.